Wednesday

NEW: Mary Magdalene's future is looking VERY bright

Ahhhh! I have waited for this moment. I do not even have time to do my traditional "hello dearest followers" and what not! I am competing with tons of bloggers to get this post out fast enough for up to be at the top of search engines! Ok, ok... *takes deep breath*.

Guess what?! NEW EVIDENCE has been discovered that woman, back in the first century, WERE in deed PRIESTS!! Don't believe me? Take a deep breath -- us feminist history geeks cannot bear such exciting news. It's true -- the "Catacombs of Priscilla" in Rome, Italy, are now open to the public, after a five-year project that included laser technology to clean some of the ancient frescoes and a new museum to house restored marble fragments of sarcophagi. The "Catacombs" are like a underground labyrinth, FILLED to the brim with pictures, after pictures or women preaching, some of which have male followers. I attached pictures to satisfy your excitement, I will talk more about it
below. 





My my my! Am I right? OK, so back to the facts -- (I'm sorry, I just could not control myself) The Catacombs were built somewhere between the 1st century to the 4th century. In a room called the "Cubiculum of the Veiled Woman," shows a woman whose arms are outstretched like those of a priest saying Mass. She wears what the catacombs' Italian website calls "a rich liturgical garment". The word "liturgical" does not appear in the English version.She also wears what appears to be a stole, a vestment worn by priests. Another fresco, in a room known as "The Greek Chapel," shows a group of women sitting around a table, their arms outstretched like those of priests celebrating Mass.
Now, of course, the pope say that it is just a "fairy tale", because "there was a reason Jesus choose only male disciples" and I'm all, "Oh, yeah, right. There is also a reason that you never read any gospels outside of the new testament. Because, oh, how silly, Jesus actually interacts with a woman! *ladylike gasp* Oh, but that is forbidden! Is it not?" Let's be honest here: Not only do canonical gospels outside the new testament have woman apostles in them, openly, even the gospels in the new testament have DEAD giveaways! Man... I really LOVE pope Francis, but I guess everyone has a downside, right? Well, I still love that man.
That is really all there is to know. I better publish this thang, and if you see my post at the top of your search engine, comment on this post or somehow lmk so that I may die in vain. Thanks.

THANK YA' for reading! I hope you do continue to wish for a priest someday, I sure do ;) Remember, each day we are one step closer.
  ~~Clarabelle

Parts above may have been referenced from Philip Pullella on Yahoo!
All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment