Wednesday

The holy Island of Iona

The Virginia air is sweet, and I'm enjoying it here. My seclude is extremely packed, but I've got an hour or so of down-time. I've got to be done by 6:00, for a skype meeting, but let's see how much I can get done. ahhh... 

As some of us know, after the crucifixion, Mary and her daughter Tamar fled to France, along with Salome, Nazarus, and Mary of Bethany. Mary M was also pregnant with Judas, Jesus' child. They arrived in Aix-en-Provence, a town in southern France -- They traveled to Glastonbury, England, where Mary started a church and raised her "son". According to religion, Judas was actually a hermaphrodite, (someone who is neither male nor female, or in some cases both) but was bi-passed as a boy. (More on this later.)

Iona, is a small island off of Scotland. Why do I bring this up? ...
In the "Iona Abbey", lays a church. A gorgeous, gorgeous church. (Gosh I wish I could include a picture of it, but my laptop is freezing up. Search it on Google ;).)
Once I read a awesome article, which suggested that Mary Magdalene may have in fact been to Iona, struggling with the possibility that Jesus could of also been with her.


(OH, SO NOW I CAN UPLOAD PICTURES?!?) 

*rolls eyes at stupid computer*, anyway... 

After watching a few documentaries around this subject, I watched some woman whose name I cannot recall, say, about this stained-glass picture or what not, "She (Mary) looks pregnant, doesn't she?" And I guess I never noticed it, but she really does. So, this begs the question: Around this time, Mary Magdalene would of been on a boat, hugging the coast of Africa. Thus, Jesus would have been dead. What? To point out, Mary couldn't of been prego with her first child, Tamar, because Tamar was a child she had out of wedlock, due to her prostitution. (Plus, Tamar was already 12 years old when Mary met Jesus.)

Some people believe that, in fact, Jesus did not die on the cross, but instead slowed his heartbeat down? This seems very unlikely -- but as some point out, "If He could raise, and if not bring the dead back to life, why couldn't he do that to Himself?"  As unlikely as it seems, they may be onto something. Of course, to suggest something that radical off of a stained-glass window, in a church off Scotland, might be crazy. But then again, go back to 2010, when we thought it was CRAZYY for Dan Brown to suggest Jesus did in fact have a wife. And had multiple gospels to back it. (Well, Dan Brown didn't -- but Bibical Historians sure did.) UUGGHH. So. Confusing. 

Oh well, let's wait and see how things turn out. What do you think? It seems reasonable, and yet... so far-fetched.  
Well, looks like the time as come -- I have to get ready for my skype meeting. Put lipstick on, brush my teeth... 

Thank you for reading! I'll chat further on Mary's daughter, Tamar, next time. 
~~Clarabelle   


     



     

No comments:

Post a Comment