Thursday

LADY GAGA: Why YOU should hate her too.

This is just a silly little post, I will probably move onto more serious topics later.
Sorry about lack of posts-- two days ago was my birthday, and yesterday I drove for 5 hours straight, up to Virginia. I had little time to do any remarkable research, thus, I cannot THINK of a serious blog topic.

So, let's get moving -- Lady Gaga. I have to admit, her new song "Applause" is catchy, I have deeper reasons to hate all her songs. It started when she released her new song called "Judas". Just the name alone raised my eyebrow. I decided one bored afternoon of mine to watch the music video... How bad can it be, right? RED FLAG. In the music video, Lady Gaga portrays herself as Mary Magdalene, with a modern-day Jesus and Jerusalem. Here, watch the video with me, and I'll point out all of the things NOT historically correct. Video link:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc

So as it starts off, don't you just love it? (Sarcastic). All of the 12 apostles are there, and Gaga is on the back of Rick Gonzalez, who is playing Jesus, as they ride into the sunset in a goddamn motorcycle. (Judas then picks his wedgie, so forth and so forth.)
For some reason, John is portrayed with a muscular black man, which is obviously quite wrong, because from my observation, John is fem and pale.

OK-- Now she's singing. I could go on for years about the hideousness of this frame, but there is one thing I found VERY disrespectful -- The "Bejeweled" crown of thorns. Seriously? (Oh, and of course, name drop.)

So then she says, "Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain"... Jesus? "Even after three times he betrays me". Just for future reference, PETER lied three times, but JUDAS betrayed Jesus. Everyone knows that.

So, let's move on to those red undies with 2 HUGE crosses glued to the nipples. No. Just No. Do you know just HOW horrible you're being? Woman back then could not even let down their HAIR -- HAIR. No boobs, legs, arms, NOTHING. *Takes deep breath* Woo. 
 
"Bring him down, down -- a king with no crown." Just, no.

Skipping a little, LIPSTICK GUN. WHAT. ON. EARTH.

Now, we skip to a scene were Gaga is... rubbing her "under boobs" while she anoints "Jesus'" feet. I think I will go barf now. For a while. My only comment: Boyy would things have been interesting if this really happened at Parisee's house. Remember kids: "What happens at Pharisee's house, STAYS at Pharisee's house."
 Off that sick note, let's move along.

Now, final comment: What is this song even ABOUT? If Mary was married to Jesus or not, she defiantly would NOT two-time men! Honestly! Holy bride, control yourself! (Sorry). I was showing this to a friend, and she laughed and yelled, "She's 'minajing' JESUS!" That cracked me up.

Alllll right, let's stop now. So turn off your Gaga, and listen to less "sinful" music. 

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the silly post... I'll promise a better one next time. Kay?
~~Clarabelle    

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment