Sunday

Are historians laughing at us? No, we know what they don't.

Hello dearest followers!

I have been sick all week, my goodness! I'm all better now, and very eager to post -- Just, now what? If you read/watch anything on the topic about anything, usually the person talking/typing is either not paying attention to the facts, or it yelling about something we think is stupid. Kay kay, who here still references this verse, found in "The Gospel of Philip" (a Nag Hammadi gospel) when we want to prove the Jesus x Mary Magdalene marriage?  "And the companion of the [savior was] Mary Magdalene. [He] loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples [...]. They said to him "Why do you love her more than all of us?" " 
   Show of hands? OK, if you are, then let's bust it: 1. "And the companion" . "Companion", in no way shape or form references to anything sexual, and let's not pretend it does. Peter Simon or John could of also been named "companion"s, and unless you want to go impaling exactly what you think I mean, let's end it there. 2. "[He] loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth." Kissing? Yea, well, this can be explained real easily. Take Judas Iscariot. Remember that? In any Bible anywhere there will be verse after verse describing how they kissed! If you have not read it, look up Juda's name on Google or whatever you use. I guarantee that the top "suggestion" is "judas iscariot kiss"!
 Alright, that was a fair fight. Now to bring two new things in this post about this ever-so-famous verse and we will see just how good it is! Starting with, let's bust whatever the heck I just said! Shall we?   "[He] loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth." As I said previously, kissing doesn't signify sexual anything what-so-ever -- *cough cough*, let's reference John 4, okay? In this scene, Jesus is taking to a Samaritan woman, which she is confused for two reasons: 1, Jews and Samaritans hated each other, and never, ever crossed paths. 2, men and women back in the day treated each other like a different species. She asks Him why He is talking to her, and He replies in a way which has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say here! Does anyone get why I brought this up? OK, bottom line: the 1st century was nothing like today. Men and women did not touch, and most of all the bottom line of the society, especially in the Middle East, was, hate to say it, sexism. So, that being said, we go back to the "kissing" scene--it was not a social norm for men and women to kiss back in the first century unless married. So, the two possible answers: They were indeed married, or that since Jesus kissed His male apostles/disciples, He was making her equal to them by kissing her also, in the most least-sexual way. What do you think? It could go either way.

Before I said: Now to bring two new things in this post about this ever-so-famous verse and we will see just how good it is! Alright, so time for seconds!
  Not a lot of people no that this verse is not alone on it's section (it is not a CODEX, remember for that reason I did not say PAGE) this is the entire verse: "As for the Wisdom who is called "the barren," she is the mother of the angels. And the companion of the [...] Mary Magdalene. [...] loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples [...]. They said to him "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior answered and said to them,"Why do I not love you like her? When a blind man and one who sees are both together in darkness, they are no different from one another. When the light comes, then he who sees will see the light, and he who is blind will remain in darkness.""
Wanna thank me? Do it now! Seriously, no one puts this online. Why is that, man? Well, anyway, now I don't know what to think about it -- other than the fact that I honestly love that parable! I also do, of course love it when He "talks back" to His disciples. I just assumed that I should post that, I guess no one does. If anyone cares to further research, click right here for a link to the Gospel of Philip, in which this verse belongs to. If anyone finds anything or has any hunches, please email me about them! Or I guess you could hit it up in the comments ;) Whatever, I do hope you enjoyed!

As you can see, I'm very tired, it's 9:30 PM already! So, yeah, please excuse my bad grammar, take it as a sign of my tiredness, but also feel free to correct it via the comments or Google +.
Well, that's it! Goodnight folks, and with that I say goodbye!
  ~~Clarabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment